Thursday, January 22, 2009

Getting in wicked good shape in D.C.

Waiting in line at the station and taking the Metro in was fun. There was a feeling of joyous camaraderie in the air. Our whole car sang "Happy Birthday" to a 74-yr-old woman- which was then followed by the Stevie Wonder version. Crowding in tighter and tighter, people just got more accommodating. All day, I was basically sitting on people's laps.

The Metro Station was crazy at 5AM (and closed soon thereafter, I've been told!)


People liked me, despite my squeaky shoes.



Some in the crowd weren't so crazy about Bush.


Check out the applause for Obama!


Walking to Crystal City over the 14th St. Bridge for "A" beer...

Four hours later, the calm was deafening. Everyone had vanished!




1 comment:

Hope said...

THat was a really great dieting tip. I think I should do that more: "Go to a crowd of 2 million people, and no food." Hahahaha. I am so glad you went!!! GOoooooBAMA!